Friday, May 15, 2015

From The Ashes Design

Featured in today's blog post is From The Ashes Design, an inspirational jewelry business owned and operated by Danyelle - a lovely lady whom I met through friends at work and barre class.  After hearing about the tragic situation of someone close to her, and how she was helping them recover their loss I decided I wanted to pitch in and share her story. 

*****


"The inspiration behind this project came from a tragedy that shook a family very close to my heart. My boyfriend and his family have been working tirelessly for the last 4 years to develop a gorgeous wedding venue near San Luis Obispo, CA. They were two weeks from completion, when someone trespassed late at night and somehow started a fire. The fire got out of control quickly and burned two buildings to the ground before the fire department could get there. The men's and women's bathrooms, and the groom's cabin were completely gone. There wasn't proper insurance in place to cover any damage, and their timeline is now pushed back at least another year.

There were a lot of copper accents and hardware pieces in the buildings that got burned, but were salvageable. I have a copper sink, and a huge copper kitchen hood that cannot be used in the new buildings, but are still gorgeous and valuable! I've been searching for a creative outlet for myself, and really wanted to do something to help this family that has basically become my family. It killed me to see all the hours of hard work and money turn to a pile of ashes.

I decided to start a small jewelry line and call it 'From The Ashes Designs'. I have opened an online store (https://squareup.com/market/fromtheashesdesigns), and will be donating a percentage of the proceeds to the cause. This project is just getting started, and I have so much copper to work through! I've also incorporated stones into some pieces. I use Chrysocolla for their awesome blue/green color and Quartz Crystal for their positive energy and healing powers. I hope to continue releasing new designs as I sharpen my skills and have pieces for men launch in the coming months."


*****

I hope that after reading this you're as touched by this story as I am and purchase one of the lovely pieces of jewelry from Danyelle at From The Ashes Design.  Pictured below are the images from the actual fire, as well as, the unique copper designs that Danyelle has handcrafted from the wreckage.  You can see more of her work on Instagram.  

From the ashes design.

From the ashes design.
From the ashes design.
From the ashes design.
From the ashes design.

From the ashes design.

From the ashes design.

Here is my finished product & I LOVE it!

Untitled

Untitled

XO

1 comment:

  1. These guys really worked within our budget to create an unforgettable wedding experience. My wife and I were beyond pleased with the service at party venues in Houston, especially day of.

    ReplyDelete